Old November 12th 04, 09:59 PM
MartinM

"Gonzalez" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:04:29 GMT, "Andy Howes"
wrote:

If it is circular then the path MUST be used. If the sign is rectangular
then it is merely advising one of the presence of a cycle path that MAY

be
used.

If it is circular then the path MUST NOT be used by motor vehicles.
Cyclists can choose to use it al will.

I've just had to point that out to the local cycling policeman (who does

NOT
use the mandatory ones !).

Ahhh... I know the sort of person you are - leaning out of car
windows, "Gerr off moi road".

AH
Driving Instructor

Not one who knows the rules of the road, then.

the (ahem) last time I looked at the HC it categorised signs by shape and
colour:

Red triangle- Warning
Red circle Prohibition
Blue circle Compulsion

and blue circle bike lanes were compulsory (but that was along time ago)