Old April 7th 05, 09:24 AM
Andrew Price

Claire wrote -

Dinner at Malay Satay Hut. Then we spent an hour (and $200, as it turned
out) at the LBS.

Sunday lunch with the family out at the local restaurant (LR ?) where the
food is good but sometimes slow to arrive is a bit of a tradition round
here - especially if the kids have consulted my rides schedule and seen
anything in excess of 100 clicks called for that morning.

The kids used to be happy sketching with the crayons the LR provided - until
they learned to figure when the endorphin levels will be high enough to
progress negotiations for something to do with some computer game/thing that
they would like but which might otherwise have not survived in the
appropriations committee or have trouble getting past the commander in chief
(Mrs Price).

And I confess to occasionally slipping out to the LBS which, as it happens,
is right next to the LR and open on a Sunday would you believe just to pick
up a spare tube or whatever - trick is to make it back before anything gets
served - so slow service is not always a desperately bad thing.

best, Andrew