Old January 3rd 18, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default brake arm

Tim McNamara wrote:

I use carefully calibrated instruments to
snug the nuts down just enough: my hands and
a standard open end wrench. I've never used
a torque wrench for this.

Me neither, because I don't know how much to
pull it!

I think I could get a reading from the
Shimano 1S hub instructions folder tho as they
often put the Nm there even for nuts and screws
where you'd never have thought about it apart
from just screwing them in.

The only time I ever use a torque wrench is for
the dome nuts on the wheel axes as I know that
should be 28-32 Nm and besides it is so fun and
"scientific" to use the torque wrench

The casette on MTBs and road bikes should be 40
Nm, right? A lot!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573