Old January 5th 18, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Safety inflation

On 1/5/2018 1:14 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:00:22 AM UTC-8, Mark J. wrote:
On 1/5/2018 6:26 AM, AMuzi wrote:
The world is full of dangerous things so we need the advice and wisdom
of our civil service overlords to get through the day, especially
vulnerable populations and those of diminished capacity such as citizens
of Oregon:

http://ktla.com/2018/01/03/internet-...-takes-effect/

The cited comments notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure Oregonians are calm
about this. I hadn't even realized there /was/ a new law until the
(non-Oregonian) media started hyping the "reaction."

'Course, it could be because the law only affects a tiny (and remote)
portion of Eastern Oregon. I have cycled there (in some of the affected
counties), and probably bought gas there too, don't recall. I think
they'll be fine.

Mark J. (Salem)

More fake news! MOGA! I think the escalating gas tax is more newsworthy and the home inspector pocket-padding energy audit now required in connection with the sale of homes.

BTW, Trump is totally f****** Oregonians with the new tax law (limitation/elimination of deduction for taxes), offshore drilling, threatening monuments, anti-dope (now generating nice tax revenues), etc., etc. Every time I turn on the news, it's WTF? What did I do wrong? Why do the feds want to f*** me and my fellow Ory-goonians? We're just fun-loving Bohemians in Nikes.

-- Jay Beattie.

The rest of the nation bit their lip for eight long years.
You'll live, only 7 years left of DJT.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/