Old January 8th 18, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Joerg Antidote

On 2018-01-07 15:21, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/7/2018 5:22 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/6/2018 8:21 PM, jbeattie wrote:

[...]

Then we drove around the West Hills. I scraped the undercarriage
coming up Brynwood -- which I rode last weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0lUZG8pku8 Go to 3:30 to get a sense
of the grade. It's a killer.

Any idea of the percent gradient?

Hmm. Google Earth seems to give about 19% for the northward portion, and
25% for the portion that runs E-N-E.

I think I'll skip it. 18% nearly killed me earlier this year.

Wasn't it Eddy Merckx who responded to a comment that the chocolate cake
he was eating isn't bad but for you hills are bad for you?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/