Old November 19th 10, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Default Cheerfully wrong

Mrcheerful wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
In the threads about a cyclist killed by a drunk truck driver Mr
Cheerful said the following:

don't get on the inside of lorries, particularly at junctions, you
still want to blame the

victim not the driver.

Tony

The fact is that there are thousands of truly awful drivers out there, I see
them, you see them, everyone has horror stories of close encounters. But,
cyclists choose to ignore that and try to travel unprotected amongst them.
Rather like the swimmers that go for a dip in shark infested water, when one
gets killed they get all uppitty and say: 'do something about the sharks'

Why not just stay clear of them?

Why not extend your philosophy to other crimes as well rather than
dealing with the source of the problem. It could save a fortune on
policing costs. We don't need police, just stay clear of criminals.
Drivers could drive as drunk and distracted as they want and its
everyone else's responsibility to stay clear of them. Sorted. You
should write to the Daily Mail about it.

Tony