Old December 22nd 10, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Not many cyclists out, must be the weather.

Matt B wrote:
On 22/12/2010 14:19, Mrcheerful wrote:
Matt B wrote:
On 22/12/2010 13:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
But 100 per cent of the cyclists I have seen in the last 24 hours
broke the law in one significant way or another while I watched.

What were the top 5 "offences" committed IYHO?

Red light jumping (2) and no lights after dark(2), followed by wrong
way in a one way (1) and pavement cycling (1).

Your sample size was 6? Did any of those "offenders" cause any real
danger to anyone?

I did say that not many were about
One of the rlj did cause a car to slide to a halt, which could easily have
caused a pile up. The others caused no dangerous situation in the short
time I saw them, so is it alright to break the laws of the road if no danger
is caused? They seem to have missed that bit out in the Highway Code that I
have read.