Old March 4th 05, 05:59 PM
maxo

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:40:11 +0000, Neil Brooks wrote:

I think it's incendiary
based on the potential for ill-conceived, mean spirited responses that
are based more in ignorance, prejudice, preconception, or bigotry than
in any semblance of fact.

It also gives us to potential to laugh at our ridiculous, mostly pale,
lycra-wearing selves.

Perhaps it's because I grew up a really square white guy in a black
neighborhood, or maybe I'm just insensitive--but I find laughing about our
cultural differences to be quite healthy and cathartic. Serious
discussions about race have their place, but I'd rather point out the fact
that I can't dance.