Old January 5th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davet

Default Koolstop brake pads

Joel wrote:
I just installed some Koolstop pads on my Dura Ace brakes.
They seem thinner than Dura Ace pads which makes me wonder how long
they will last.
Also they flare out towards the back, so the back of the pad is almost
touching the rim and there is a large gap between the rim and front of
the pad. I wonder if the flared part of the pad will wear first making
it flatter over time.

Joel

I've run the KoolStop salmon pads in my Dura Ace brakes for over two
years now and they show little sign of wear. They stop so much better
than the standard pads, I wouldn't care if I had to replace them
yearly, they are that much better.

The *flared* part of the pad is designed to touch the rims first and
wipe away water and debris. Again, wear is not a big factor with these
pads.