Old March 7th 17, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bottom bracket for Mavic 631(?) cranks?

On Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 7:30:02 PM UTC, James Thomson wrote:
I've just bought a pair of the last incarnation of Mavic's distinctive
"Starfish" cranks, date stamped 1995: the spider is slightly less
extravagant than the earlier model, and the arms are slightly 'low
profile'.

Can anybody tell me what bottom bracket lengths Mavic recommended for use
as a single, double or triple?

Thanks,

James Thomson

Good morning James Thomson. Best I can do is tell you my 631 Mavic bottom-bracket-axle appears to measure 112mm. Not aware of the exact chainset, though my past Mavic 631 did fit. Currently this axle is available (March 2017).

Lancelot S