Old June 17th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Default Fixed Penalty Charge - for unicycling

semach.the.monkey wrote:

If it did go to court, and I was to turn up with my 20” Nimbus, and
explain that I play hockey on it, and am probably more manoeuvrable
than most pedestrians, do you think that the judge would see that in my
favour? Or would they find CCTV footage, realise it’s not the same,
and get me in more trouble?

STM – in a very bad mood today

I don't think you should argue that you are more manueverable than
pedestrians, but I do think that you should argue that it was the
safest thing to do for everyone around you. Clearly the car was in the
way and staying on the road would have meant having to either get in
the way of cars or if you dismounted you would have have to remount,
and a unicyclist mounting a coker can often scare drivers so it would
have impeded traffic. Then as for the people on the footpath, they were
all well aware of you and you were aware of them, clearly nobody got in
your way and you didn't get in other peoples way. Just argue that all
in all it would have been way safer for everyoen if you went on the
sidewalk. Mention things like not only is it dangerous for me on the
road in situations like that but its also dangerous to drivers because
you are such a distraction and they don't know what to do about you.

I would also recomend you look up the laws for bikes. Usualy if they
have laws for unicycles its in the same spot as bikes. Check local
Bi-laws and Federal Laws.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
http://www.usenet.com