Old April 10th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

Default My take on the geared 36 after having to switch back to Nimbus 36.

I would love it if my Schlumpf 36er had a slightly lower gear. One might
say that's an arguement for a Schlumpf 29er, but a smaller wheel will
never have that 36er-ness to it.

unisk8r wrote:
Excellent post, chuck! I too have always had problems with sustained
high cadences, hence my passion for the lower-cadence gunis to make
speed.

On another note, everyone should understand that a 1.5 gear ratio is
not the be-all and end-all. I've ridden the 36" Red Menace in 1.21
ratio, and that is curiously wonderful even on flat ground. You know
you're on a guni, yet don't need the focus required for a higher gear
ratio.

It'd be interesting if it were possible to re-gear a Schlumpf with a
different ratio...

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha