Old August 10th 04, 08:38 PM
johnson..

Default "stabilizing" a stratus?

Hi
Don't know if this will work for a stratus but it worked for my
tailwind. I installed an underseat rack and panniers. It has lowered the
centre of gravity. I used to carry my work stuff in a camelbak peak bagger
on the seat back.

"Mile High Skates" wrote in message
I recently "inherited" my wife's Stratus. It's a 2001 model (I think),

standard
size, and box-stock except for XT cranks (170mm, 26/36/48) and Calhoun Evo

Sport
bars/stem. The seat is about 1" from being all the way back, so I'm sure

that the
weight distribution is less-than-optimal.

Aside from getting an XL Stratus (whic hain't gonna happen), can anyone

recommend
ways to make the front end feel "less light" (i.e., MORE stable)? I'm

going to
remove the bottle cages from the seat and try mounting them/one forward,

and maybe
find a more forward position for my spare/tool pouch.

Thanks in advance.