Old April 11th 05, 05:05 AM
jsm

Thanks all. It was a lot of fun having Irene Genelin (a level 10 rider!)
test me. It was, however, rather hectic trying to do the figure 8's and
backward skills in a crowded gym, with people zipping around and nearly
crashing into me all the time. I only fell three times through the whole
testing; once on level four, and twice on level six. Each time it was on
a skill that I was completely comfortable with, while I got all the ones
I was slightly uncomfortable with on the first try! My hard practice on
levels six and seven over the past month has really paid off.

I hope to pass level ten eventually. I have done all but four skills on
levels 8-10 at least once correctly with transitions, although I'm still
woefully inconsistent on a lot of the 9 and 10 skills. I can, however,
ride level eight correctly, except for the backward spin and pirouette
which I can't do yet. I also need to learn the evil backward pirouette
and side ride. I got some good pointers on side ride yesterday, so I
think I may get it soon, but the transitions will take ages to learn.
One thing I discovered yesterday is that if I'm ever going to learn the
pirouettes, I need to get access to a gym somehow. While I didn't
actually do a proper pirouette (3 revs) yesterday it seemed pretty easy
to go 1-2 revolutions, so I'm pretty sure I could get the full three
revs in a couple of weeks if I had a good surface to practice on. It's
nearly impossible on rough cement.

One thing I'm wondering; has anyone else passed level seven on a 24"
unicycle?

--
jsm - Freestyle Expert

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!