Old April 14th 05, 11:27 PM
Matt O'Toole

Ravi wrote:

Hi,
I do not remember any where in the DMV Handbook or driving test,
seeing anything that advocates proper treatment of Bicyclists on the
Road.

It depends on which state you're in. Some have as much info as can be expected,
while others apparently do not. Which state are you talking about? Since
you're posting to ba.bicycles I assume you're in CA. Last time I looked, there
was "as much info as can be expected" in both the drivers' manual and the
written test. You might want to read it again.

Keep in mind there's a lot to cover in too few pages. For the message to sink
in at all, it can't be too comprehensive or complicated. Same with the test.

Why not these Bicycle Advocacy Organizations push for such an
inclusion -

Of course they do.

Matt O.