Old November 10th 04, 03:53 PM
Brian Huntley

Mitch Haley wrote in message ...

I might feel a little more in favor of the judge if he'd found the
cyclist responsible for some action, like riding in the door zone,
but the city? If the street was too dangerous to ride on, WTF was
the cyclist riding on it? If it wasn't too dangerous to ride on,
WTF did she sue the city?

It was signed (might still be) as a recommended bike route, a
designation the city has taken back.

It's not really too dangerous to ride on, though. I use it virtually
every morning in rush hour. Granted, people fling their car doors
open, and there are streetcar tracks running up the middle, so it
takes a bit of attention. (By the way, in rush hour, there aren't even
supposed to be cars parked there, not to mention cars dooring people.)

Personally, I think the judge and the lawyers watch too much American
TV.