Old April 25th 11, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Red light cameras?

On 4/24/2011 11:35 PM, Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:
T◊m Sherm∂n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

T0m Sherm4n wrote:

Of course, if one lives in a civilized place, traffic is never dense
enough to "block the box".

I think you mean a place that has not yet been civilized, or one that
once was civilized but has since become derelict and abandoned.

Overcrowding leads to a decline in civility, as can be seen by visiting
any large city.

Haven't spent much time in the South, have we?

Uh, I actually worked in Texas for a while.

Visit New Orleans, or Austin.

What about Houston and Dallas? They are certainly more representative
of large cities.

Visit some little burgs of population
under-50,000 a couple of hundred miles from New Orleans or Austin.

What would those places tell me about large cities?

Bring your feet-first bike, your spandex, and your leftist banter.
Then tell me Bum****ians are more civil.

In my experience upper Midwesterners generally are on a fundamental
level. More taciturn by far than southerners, but that is a plus, not a
minus. Plus they are much less preachy. People trying to shove their
religion down one's throat gets tiresome in a hurry.

Methamphetamine leads to a decline in civility, for sure. Where's
that stuff cooking, pardner?

Very little violence related to it. And drunks are more uncivil that
the users of any other mood altering substances.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.