Old May 14th 18, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Dynamo/LED power conditioning

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 5/13/2018 5:32 PM, jbeattie wrote:
I ride in the door zone on the commute into work. Otherwise, you sit
in traffic all morning. You do it carefully, and it's legal under
Oregon law. I've been doing that for 32 years on the same road
(sad fact) without getting doored.

Wow. I've had car doors pop open just as I passed the car with plenty
of clearance. If I were four feet further right, I'd have gotten
doored.

On the other hand, it's possible that the door opener saw you, and
realized you were safely out of the way. This is the flip side of "I've
been passed closely many times, had I been further left I would have
been creamed." Both sets of accidents are completely hypothetical, yet
you chooose to sneer at only one.

Noted that caution in the door zone is well advised.

Now with all this fretting, I just know I'm going to get doored on
Monday! I also squeeze around a lot of construction and the giant
garbage trucks that park in the lane at morning rush hour -- just to
compound the mess.

Squeezing by slowly is one thing. Riding through at speed is another.