Old May 12th 04, 07:43 AM
Mike Schwab

Default Anaheim CA

I went to our Union meeting. No one else wanted to go. So I am off to
Orange County/John Wayne airport in Anaheim CA Sat Jun 12 to Sat Jun
26. The Union is paying for airfare each way and lodging meals Jun
20-26, will be busy with meetings.

For Jun 12-18 I am looking for a low=cost place to stay. Tent camping
or Hostel.

I am considering bringing my EZ-1 recumbent or renting locally.
Sights to see, disneyland one day, bicycle rides.
I have ridden Critical Masses in Minneapolis (1), Chicago (1), St. Louis
(7 or so). What is the closest Critical Mass to Anahem Convention
center, if I get out in time? Long Beach? Venice? UCLA? other?
My only other time in CA was San Diego in June 1994. Had a panhandler
ask me for some change. For some reason, I felt pretty scared of him,
even though he was old with his white hair. Saw him two months later on
Americas Most Wanted, he was being arrested for murder. Rest of stay
was fairly busy with meetings.