Old April 12th 04, 05:55 PM
ydm9

Default Steel Frame vs Aluminum Frame w/ Carbon seat stays and carbon fork

"In general", if you ride a 2003 Trek 2100 which has an aluminum frame
and DOES NOT have carbon seat stays and compare it to a 2004 Trek 2100
which appears to be about the same bike WITH carbon seat stays, how
much difference is there in ride quality?

(Paul Southworth) wrote in message ...
In article ,
ydm9 wrote:
In general, how does the ride compare between a bike with steel frame
and a bike with an aluminum frame with carbon seat stays and a carbon
fork? I realize that there are many variables that can affect the
ride quality, so I'm just asking in general. Just how much of the
"road buzz" does the carbon stays and fork filter out?

There is no "in general" answer to this, you have to compare specific
complete bicycles if you want to know how they ride and even then
most comparisons are highly subjective.

For most recreational riders, their discomfort on the bike is a
function of bad bike fit and lack of mileage - neither problem is
affected by frame material.