Old January 3rd 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

Default Glad I was wearing a helmet

Several riders from Memphis were riding off-road this morning. After 2
hours of riding, we were 50 yards from being finished when my helmet
suddenly became very useful.

I was riding down the last hill which led to a final hill up. At the
bottom of the hill, I had to duck my head to miss a cedar branch that
was hanging over the trail. Then, I grabbed the seat handle and pulled
to get me started up the hill. Just as I started lifting myself off the
seat to get a good pedal stroke up the hill, my head hit a tree limb
that was hanging overhead. The tree limb was about 3 inches in diameter
so it did not move much when I hit it. It certainly jolted my head and
neck.

Hitting the tree limb left a dent in my helmet. Better the helmet than
my head.

Ouch.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire