Old December 10th 17, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 5:58:56 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 15:40:16 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:

Yes, your posts sound like promos because they are. That's simple
enough. You have a vested interest in believing in and promoting the
superiority of your product versus all others. That doesn't necessarily
make you inaccurate, just biased.

With only one battery change at a 6.5 hour burn time bright with
beam wide and even enough to win a World 24 Hour Time Trial
Championship on, and 36 hour burn time for climbing and extra
long distance touring, Oculus makes it well worth revisiting and
reconsidering if the reasons given by generator aficionados still
hold water.

The problem is noted by yourself right above. "With one battery change
at 6.5 hour burn time." I don't want to have to carry an extra battery
with me and then change it partway through my ride.

During the summer 6.5 hours is all night -- and that's at full output. He says 36 hours "climbing" and long distance touring, which is code for "going slowly." The output is probably a few hundred lumens or less. I leave it to those who own the property to judge its quality and value, but those numbers are more than I've ever needed. I do like the convenience of not having to charge, and battery life is always over-stated and diminishes over time anyway, but if you could get those numbers in real life, that's more than 99.9% of people need -- and you can use it on more than one bike.

-- Jay Beattie.