Old June 25th 03, 08:19 AM
SuperSlinky

Default Rock Shox Duke XC U-turn vs Pilot SL

JY said...

I'm deciding between these two forks in about the same price range. The
Pilot is an air fork BTW. Any comments about which works better? I haven't
seen any reviews on the web or anything. Thanks.

I recently gained considerable experience in rebuilding the Duke XC and
I was quite unimpressed by the design of the internals. I would try one
of the cheaper Bombers instead. I think you can get an MX Comp for about
the same price as a Duke and the EXR is even cheaper. If you can scrape
together $350, try the Fox Vanilla 125R. I have a Vanilla 125RL and it
is a smooooothe operator right out of the box. It has no plastic parts
(that I can see), and bigger (read stiffer) stanchions than the
competition. I think it is a real bargain at $350.