Old March 13th 21, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Eddy Merckx Elite

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 15:41:21 -0800, "Mark J."
wrote:

On 3/12/2021 3:06 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 06:36:19 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 7:17:40 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/11/2021 12:43 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op donderdag 11 maart 2021 om 17:09:32 UTC+1 schreef Frank Krygowski:
On 3/10/2021 9:43 PM, John B. wrote:

Well there is the debate about the gravel and CX bikes but here,
essentially, all the roads, or at least all the roads I see, are
paved. I've been riding 23mm tires since I switched from "sew-ups".
I think the narrowest tires ever used for more than a short time were
25mm. I've spent most of my road riding time on 28s, some on 32s, a bit
on 35s or 37s when doing loaded touring.

It seems the latest data indicates the super narrow tires have no lower
rolling resistance than similarly constructed wider tires, unless you're
on a surface as smooth as a velodrome track. And wider tires tend to be
less flat prone and more comfortable.

That is a too simple conclusion. I mentioned this earlier:

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance...000-comparison
Well, there are always more details one can consider. Care to summarize
which further details you think need mention?
Well. I designed the first full time working heart-lung machine and the respiratory gas analyzer both of which you will no doubt make use of in the very near future. From you comments you nearly have a heart attack when you make your unfounded assertions and it turns out that I have wide experience in those fields and can see you for the fool you are.

The first successful heart-lung machine was developed by John H.
Gibbon, Jr. who In 1953, at Jefferson Medical College, Gibbon
connected the circulatory system of an 18-year-old female to a new
machine, stopped the woman’s heart, and for 26 minutes performed
surgery to close a hole in the wall of the heart between the left and
right atria. It was the first successful use of a heart-lung machine
https://www.encyclopedia.com/medicin...t-lung-machine
That was when you were 9 years old.

Clearly a prodigy.

Mark J.

Well, as Abraham Lincoln was reported to have said, "No man has a
good enough memory to be a successful liar" :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.