Old June 24th 11, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn °_°

Default OT - Failure of Society

On 6/22/2011 2:38 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Ron wrote in message
On Jun 21, 11:29 am, wrote:
That's not true. The super rich are not fairly taxed, and are not
currently putting their fortunes to uses that benefit society as a
whole.

I think you are missing the point... paying down the debt will result

in money being removed from the economy... at the time when we can
least afford to do it. It would be very painful.

I strongly suspect two things are going to happen before too long. We are
indeed going to pay down the debt, but we are also going to raise taxes on
the wealthy which will include the upper middle class, not just the super
rich. If the economy suffers overall as a result, so be it! Better some pain
than a total meltdown.

Since I am as poor as a church mouse, it will not effect me.

Typical - the rich loot the treasury, and the working people pick up the
tab. When the mainstream in the US finally admits that they have been
"had", things will get ugly.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.