Old September 7th 17, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Let the Laughing Begin

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 3:08:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:07:47 PM UTC-7, Duane wrote:

Or just buy a decent pump and forget about it.

As Jeff asked - what is a "decent pump"? A pump that works good on a high pressure racing bike takes forever to inflate an MTB tire. With almost all of the pumps these days using that awful filler valve https://tinyurl.com/y84dcpqn simply isn't right for other applications.

I thot we already established that when you put down the $$ for a floor pump that has a good reputation, and is not toward the lower end of the range, still you get a gauge that is 7psi off. IOW there are no decent pumps on the market; they all cheese out on the gauge.