Old September 13th 03, 12:43 PM
trg

Default How old were you when you got your first really nice bike?

"sparker" a écrit dans le message de

How old were you when you got your first really nice bike and what was
it?

I got a cheap mountain bike from the local bike shop at age 21.(
Mongoose hiltopper)

I got a really nice road bike this year at age 29. (Tommasini techno
ultegra components)

Why did i wait so long?

Well at least i saw the light!

----Brink

I finally bought myself a decent bike two months ago, at age 31. I wish I
had done so earlier, riding a nice bike is much more enjoyable than I
anticipated. But, one does not always have the funds.

I had commuted for years on my brother's old Rocky Mountain, nice bike,

but
not really set up for me.

I moved to Paris and picked up an inexpensive bike, but I didn't really

like
it that much, and I wasn't sure how much riding I was going to do, the
traffic here freaked me out, until I got used to it. But in retrospect, I
think traffic here is better compared to Vancouver (where I used to live).

Yeah, but the !*ç¨*ing pedestrians are worse in Paris. They're the ones
you've got to watch out for (unless you tool around at under 15 kph.)

---