Old November 18th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default 2009 FIAC National Championships

On Nov 18, 1:09*pm, Les Earnest wrote:
The Federation of Independent Associations for Cycling (FIAC) invites
race organizers to consider hosting one or more of the following eight
National Championships in 2009: Criterium, Cyclocross, Hill
Climb,Individual Time Trials, Six-Day Track, Stage Race, Team Time
Trial, and Track Omnium. For more information see the application form
athttp://www.fiac.us/natzapp.htm.

* * * * Les Earnest, FIAC executive director

Considering that I am a member of one of your federation's independent
associations, some may find this odd for me to point out, but here
goes:

it really doesn't do the FIAC any good to refer to its various
championships as a National championship. Until the organization has
a truly national membership, it is at best a farce to refer to it as
nationals. Maybe you could call the events exactly what they are,
FIAC Championships. Anything more is just silly.