Old January 23rd 11, 03:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default City to Surf route

On 23/01/2011 9:34 PM, Andrew Price wrote:

Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

One of these days I am gonna ride the City to Surf route on my bike.

Its also quite possible to ride the route of the road race and time trial in
the 2000 Sydney Olympics - see the courses set our here -

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/resul...maps.shtml#cen

Thanks for that Andrew. I think that's next weekend sorted for moi

The road course seems interesting so I'll probably cheat by catching the
train to Central and riding to the start point instead of riding from
home to the start point

Might also do the time trial course as it is around the same place.

Dunno about the MTB course - might give that a go another weekend.
Fairfield City Farm is a fair ways away from Liverpol train station.

The climb out of Bronte is nasty brutish but short to paraphrase Hobbs -
otherwise is a bit of a cruise at recreational speed.

17kms for the road course, eh? So that should not take more than 20
mins, right? Just kidding