Old February 10th 18, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Horst link bending forces

On 2018-02-08 17:48, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 01:32:21 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 10:19:31 AM UTC+1, Emanuel Berg
wrote:
lou.holtman wrote:

The problem is the capacity of the DA RD. Off course you can
make it work mixing groupset parts but that is not my point. If
you only want it to work buy 105 but then you get also a heavy
groupset with an ugly finish.

Don't take this the wrong way but this sounds like some hang-up.
I mean, I have hang-ups myself so I'm not judgemental. But
especially since you say you don't really feel any difference
except for maybe when not clean and in a 20km 11% hill...? It
sounds like bringing so much stuff to K2 suddenly the caravan
can't continue because to feed all the porters, you need even
more porters?

-- underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

I don't know what you trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that
there are a lot of people that like the incredible shifting
performance, the low weight, the looks of DA gruppo and are willing
to pay the price but they also need low enough gearing which is not
available in DA. From Shimano marketing point of view I find this
strange because the margine of DA is much larger that of 105 or
Ultegra.

Lou

I might comment that I have substituted various Shimano made
cassettes with various Shimano shifters and crank sets and even made
up "custom" cassettes using Shimano parts taken from other Shimano
cassettes. To data they have all shifted with no problems, assuming
of course that one doesn't try to mix numbers of sprockets, i.e.
don't mix 7 speed and 9 speed, for example. -- Cheers,

I have swapped cogs between 5, 6 and 7-speed. Shifting was fine, maybe
not as speedy and smooth as a clean HG cassette but for non-professional
riders like myself good enough. It just looked odd, black cogs inside a
stack where most others were silver. If I ride on roads a lot they all
turn black soon anyhow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/