Old February 22nd 18, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Ouch. This happened to me once

On 2/22/2018 8:55 AM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

I was scared by the helmets. Helmets mean 'danger'.

I agree, Any activity where people normally wear helmets should be
illegal. Watching the Olympics, the crashes during men's half-pipe
skiing looked pretty serious, but fortunately both skiers were okay.

What is the purpose of half-pipe skiing? Why can't they ski on normal
terrain? Back in my day, no one wore helmets when skiing. And according
to research, helmets don't prevent all fatal injuries, so why bother
with them, “Wearing a helmet is not going to prevent fatal injury,” said
Dr. Steven Moulton, a surgeon at Children’s who is one of the study’s
authors. “But what it is going to do is lower the risk of sustaining a
serious injury.”