Old June 3rd 18, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default cyclist self defense video

On 6/3/2018 12:37 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 09:32:14 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

Come on, this did not start with a traffic mishap, at least not one within
the video. Rerun the video to observe more carefully: The right lane doses
not look like parking space, but like traffic stuck behind the bus on the
right side. And the Polo's driver would not, without some "good" reason,
suddenly pull out in front of opposing traffic and even try to squeeze through.

You're right. I didn't see any drivers in the line of cars on right
side of the photo, so I assumed that they were parked.

Noting the behavior of the two approaching pedestrians who do not get
attacked, this DM commenter might have put the pieces together correctly:

There may be more to the pedestrians. Go to the very last frame
(0:43) in the Daily Mail video at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5794357/Terrifying-moment-cyclist-armed-huge-zombie-knife-tries-smash-motorists-window.html
It's difficult to see, but it looks like one of the pedestrians has a
knife.

"Artless Dodger, Galway, Ireland, 1 day ago

I couldn't find this on the Daily Mail site. URL?

This was not road rage, This was an attempted attack, The Cyclist pulled up
next to the car knowing who was in it. The driver saw the guy and realised
it was an attack and tried to escape. Once things got going, the two lads
who were hanging back egging on their cyclist machete wielder wanted to
witness it. Nothing to do with road rage, This guy was targeting the driver.
Wait and see,. Gang related."

Ok, I yield. Your explanation is probably better than mine.

The cyclist was not doing a very good job of trying to break the car
window. It looked like he was trying to cut the window with the
knife. You would have done better if he just hit the window with the
knife pommel.

He did, look at DM's still. Himself clearly not the sharpest tool in the
shed, the cyclist might not have maintained the pommel's edges well enough
to break glass with little effort.

I looked at all the stills and ran the video again. One of the still
photos suggest that me might be trying to hit the window with the
pommel, but all the subsequent attempts were made with the blade. One
still shows the pommel as having what looks like an eye hook, which is
quite unsuitable for breaking a car window.

"Bevers, Babylon, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

It cannot be a Zombie knife the government banned them."

meanwhile up Nort':
http://www.ktva.com/story/38311474/a...rview-shooting

Early today in LA:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...603-story.html