Old July 27th 18, 12:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default drill/tap in frames

sms writes:

You get around it by using the proper product for
the job instead of a kludge with hose clamps that
saves a few Euros (or whatever).

Well, to me the hose clamp is just another item (like
a bolt or penny washer or whatever) and I don't have
any feelings associated with/to it whatsoever, and
while I care about the looks of a bike, even if
I would consider the clamp inelegant such a small item
can't do harm to any extent that matters to the
whole vehicle!

As always, it is just a bike! (or clamp)

Much more important is that it sticks, is easy to
apply, is solid and do not make an annoying sound.

--
underground experts exiled
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573