Old August 27th 18, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Bus racks

Reading the thread about bus racks being to short for some bicycles got me to thinking about how the bicycle is supported in the rack. When I worked in bicycle shops we called those bicycle parking racks with the two low hoops to hold the wheels "wheel benders" as we often had wheel repairs that were caused by the sideways force on the wheels. I wonder if bus racks have the same problem at times if that front wheel hook is not supporting the bicycle from swaying a bit side to side.

Cheers