Old May 2nd 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cyclist assaulted in Sheffield

wrote in message
I don't understand why the sentence was so lenient. The guy is clearly a
nutjob
and should've been locked up either in prison for 6 months-1 year or put
in a
mental institution

I read an article the the other day about someone who got beaten to the
point where they were brain damaged, couldn't work etc, and the perpetraitor
got 9 months or so. The sentence is lenient because the government do not
give a flying ****.

To put things in perspective, I've just been doing some reading about access
and paths etc. The people who were up in court for the Kinder Tresspass got
6 months, and I doubt you got out in 3 for good behaviour in the thirties.