Old May 2nd 06, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cyclist assaulted in Sheffield

I read an article the the other day about someone who got beaten to
the point where they were brain damaged, couldn't work etc, and the
perpetraitor got 9 months or so. The sentence is lenient because the
government do not give a flying ****.

To put things in perspective, I've just been doing some reading about
access and paths etc. The people who were up in court for the Kinder
Tresspass got 6 months, and I doubt you got out in 3 for good
behaviour in the thirties.

Yebbut our entire civilisation is based on the respect for land and
property. It is these two things that must be protected above all others
lest we descend into anarchy.