Old June 11th 16, 07:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain Biking - Ban vs. Compromise

"John B." wrote in message
news
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:00:48 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

After carefully trying to observe the "damage" that bikes cause I noted
that the bikes cause the damage of smoothing out the rain ruts on soft
ground and making no damage on hard ground except where kids on bike
tried to jump logs laying across the trail from rain or wind fallen
trees. It sure is terrible that a fallen tree can have chunks carved out
of it by sprokets.

I am not overly concerned about the damage that bikes do to trails. I
suspect most damage is done to trails when bikes are ridden on wet
surfaces. Mike Vandeman is the expert on that. I am concerned about the
damage that mountain bikes do to the psyche of hikers.

Oh, a bloke who was convicted of, what was it, assault with a weapon?
is your hero?

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

Who will you deify next? An axe murdered?

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

So what you are really complaining about is that you don't want anyone
else using "your" trails.

This borders on a John B.ull**** response. Be careful I don’t treat you
like I do him. The reasons why I don’t want bikes on trails is all here on
this newsgroup. I am not going to go over and over old material for your
benefit. Either get up to speed or get lost.

Nope, don't bother to go over it. Keep it a secret clutched to your
bosom.

Jesus Christ Almighty! If I were a jackass and an asshole like you, that is
exactly what I would have said too!

After all if you were to actually divulge your secrets we'd all
discover that you have no reasons at all. Except "NO, NO, I won't have
it, I forbid you?". Sort of "you can't play with MY toys".