Old October 9th 18, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Ozzietard Alert!

On 10/9/18 9:13 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 04:42:16 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:03:18 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/30/2018 09:10 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why do you have such complicated terms for your coins? Ours are just
called by their value - 20p, 50p, etc.

Said the person with bobs, tanners, quids, sovs, tuppence, nuggets, and
beer tokens...

Nobody says bob anymore. Tenner is simple, it means ten. Quid is just
another word for pound, like buck means dollar. Nobody says sovs or
tuppence or nugget or beer token anymore.

And I don't think we've had coins made of anything anywhere near the
coin's value for a long time. Although they did recently (without
announcing it) change the 10p coin to one that was slightly
thinner/thicker (I forget which) and a different metal to save money.
This played havoc with machines that take them.

There is a whole market for 'junk silver' in the US. Those are pre-1965
coins with no particular numismatic value that did have silver in their
composition. The theory is if the **** hits the fan they will have
exchange value as opposed to the post '65 coins that are intrinsically
worthless.

I think all coins should be worth themselves in metal.

More fool you.

Says, of course, the senile troll-feeding fool! ****ing hilarious! LOL

Agreed that Wilkinson is grimy, squalid, nasty and profane.