Old October 15th 18, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 2018-10-13 13:40, jbeattie wrote:

Snipped

Dopes in cars will get you anywhere.

They do not get me on the American River Bike Path or on the
singletrack.

Snipped
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Ah, but Joerg, you complain vehemently about illegal dirt b ikers
nearly running you down on those same trails and single tracks.

No, I don't. Where have I ever done that?

... Why
those dirt bikers are so fast, silent and dangerous that you needed
to put a superbright light on the front of your bike so that they can
see you in time to avoid hitting you.

Yes, there are areas where that is necessary. Not a problem, it has
worked and I got a bright light on the MTB. They aren't silent but the
low-rpm growl of those bikes isn't easily heard over the din of an MTB
on a rough trail.

... Then there's the mountain lion
danger you've mentioned a number of times too.

Light doesn't likely impress them. And yes, they are here. One of them
killed a neigbor's dog.