Old October 13th 18, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 2018-10-11 22:35, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 07:55:14 -0700, Joerg wrote:

On the MTB there are several panels plus a loading platform, so no
splatters either. The problem is the front tire.
Some day I might make a custom guard for that. The stuff you can
buy for
MTB is too floppy.

Perspex. Years ago someone gave me some off cuts for the purpose there
of. both the shop plastic and metal were too thin and not wide enough,
but ther perspex was cut to width needed.

On my MTB I use Perspex as the top plate to push down on the pannier
hooks with spring action. Rubber is slid over the hooks. That way
nothing rattles like it does on the Ortlieb panniers.

Meantime that setup is has changed but not in the way it's cinched down.
A support strut from the seat tube to the rack, a smaller battery box,
an extra top loading platform and usually a trunk-style case on top of
that. All bolted down for rough trail riding and nothing ever came off.

Sorry, forgot the photo:

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Rack1.JPG

OMG, I recognize that dollar store rear light
https://dollarempirellc.com/images/12836.JPG
https://dollarempirellc.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=700

Yeah, with modded innards. But that shattered into smittereens when the
rear blew out one day. Now it's a better light.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/