Old October 23rd 06, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
davek

Default Kinetics Cycle Shop - SON Hub

Slark wrote:
I've seen Kinetics recommended for SON hubs. Looking at their website, there
is a cost of £45 to build into a wheel - I assume Kinetics will sell rims
and spokes as well? I can't seem to find anything on the website (I know, I
know - I will call tomorrow, but, of course, I want to know now!)

I can't really help there, but I got my SON-hubbed hand-built wheel from
SJS - might be worth looking at them just to compare prices (as long as
you are not one of those people that is ideologically opposed to SJS).

Separately, E6S and E6Z laps are often recommened - anybody going to say
don't be silly? (for unlit country roads). I guess I need mounting brackets
separately as well...

I use a Lumotec Oval, which is /adequate/ for unlit country lanes, but
having seen the amount of light given off by other riders using E6/E6Z
combos, I would say they are well worth the cost if you can afford them.

Also worth looking at the Solidlights 1203D, which my some-time riding
companion on the Invicta 400 had on his bike - so I can vouch for the
superb illumination it gives (it swamped my lighting, which was
problematic because his bracket had broken so the light was hanging on
loosely by a cable tie and riding alongside him was like being at a
school disco...)

d.