Old October 23rd 06, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Default Kinetics Cycle Shop - SON Hub

Tony Raven wrote:
Slark wrote on 22/10/2006 21:48 +0100:
I've seen Kinetics recommended for SON hubs. Looking at their website,
there is a cost of £45 to build into a wheel - I assume Kinetics will
sell rims and spokes as well? I can't seem to find anything on the
website (I know, I know - I will call tomorrow, but, of course, I want
to know now!)

I think that's the additional cost for the materials and labour
together, though do check first (Ben built me the front wheel of my Brom
plus SON and I certainly don't recall thinking the extra for the build
was at all steep). Also, you may wish to change the spec of the
rims/spokes.

Kinetics make sure you agree a delivery date and are
able to cancel your order if its not delivered by then. Their concept
of time and responding to "well where is it?" questions appears not to
be good.

This is a fair comment. While Kinetics is my primary source of Things
Bike and I will happily spend there again, Ben tends to have rather too
many projects on the go at a time to be a truly reliable source of mail
order all of the time, and the last couple of things have needed 'phone
reminders (they got here though, and when he says he has them he really
/does/ have them, rather than saying he has them and then ordering them
up like some places seem to do). While he has employed an extra in the
past, I don't know if Rosie is still there and it is primarily the Ben
Cooper Bike Shop rather than a big place with separate folk doing the
post office bit.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK