Old July 13th 04, 04:16 AM
Enno Middelberg

Default Tips for commuting between Lane Cove and Epping?

Hi,

thanks for your reply (also thanks to the others who replied).

Tom Nicholson wrote:
There is a track along the river most of the way that
is dirt basicly single track. There is about 6km of tarred rout up
the epping endo of the park.

I hiked along the Lane Cove river last weekend, and the track next to
the river is certainly not made for cyclists, but for hikers. Also, the
NP administration explicitly closed it for bikes.

I take a long detour in the mornings just to ride through the NP. Its
riverside, nice gradient and almost car free on a 3m wide tarred road.

I have been hiking a bit on that road, and my plans were to stay on that
whereever possible.

Whats your start and end point and I will give you a nice suggested
route..

I start at the Pacific Hwy / Epping rd intersection and have to go to
the CSIRO facilities at Marsfield (Cnr Vimiera & Pembroke rds). I
planned to follow Pacific Hwy to Fullers rd, run down to Lane Cove NP,
take the tarred roads through the NP, then follow Lane Cove rd until I
can turn on Talavera rd. Then it's another turn onto Vimiera and I'm there.

Any suggestions to this route are welcome :-)

Cheers,

Enno