Old November 25th 04, 02:49 PM
David Martin

On 25/11/04 2:37 pm, in article , "Peter
Clinch" wrote:

John Doe wrote:
If you want to read about the benefit of wearing a helmet while
riding a bicycle, all you have to do is research the matter.

That's what the Department for Transport have done, and despite their
commissioned report RSR30 suggesting there are clear benefits, the pro
helmet road safety minister has concluded that "the Government knows of
no case where cyclist safety has improved with increasing helmet use."

And the Scottish Parliament.

It may further help if you work in a hospital and can see first hand
just how bad at evidence based science many clinicians are.

Indeed, they give us real scientists a bad name..

I used to be a little sceptical about the research done by clinicians.
Having now worked with them I now take a Ghandi-esque view of Evidence Based
Medicine..

...d