Old December 19th 06, 01:15 AM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Cycling Idiots clogging up the roads

Don Whybrow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:

There are bad cyclists, granted. But there are not nearly as many bad
cyclists as bad drivers; and most cyclists are not bad cyclists. I wish
the same were true of drivers.

Laddies,

Son,

Please, I drive both a small car and a huge 1966 Muscle car (when I
can afford the gas) but prefer the bike for freedom and health. I pay
my road taxes and like the bike better, except when I have to make a
real business trip or get out my beast and show up a Chevy with my Mopar.
Unless it's really, really cold *AND* raining it's the bike for me.
I really don't mind giving a bike the right of way since it is only a
matter of gas pedal or brake pedal in the car, no sweat either way,
maybe just a minor mileage hit, big deal.

So, you are both a cyclist and a motorist, when you are a motorist you
are considerate to cyclists. An attitude that is common amongst those
that ride bikes on the road and drive. However it does not hold true for
those that do not cycle.

All too true, I'm afraid. Plenty of idiots with horns way bigger than
their brains around here. I try to be considerate both ways because I
never know for sure what I will be piloting.
Bill Baka