Old June 1st 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

Default Need a 17" Touring BIke with 27" Wheels

On May 31, 3:15*pm, A Muzi wrote:
*Rosie Browne wrote:
I am doing a bike across the US for the American Lung Association
starting June 23. *I need a touring bike, as the bike I had ordered
for the trip will not be ready. *Please let me know if you know of a
dealer that might have this type of bike in their inventory. *I will
pay shipping charges. *You can reach me at .
Thanks for your assistance, Rosie Browne

Tim McNamara wrote:
FWFW 27" wheels ain't gonna happen. *Bikes haven't been sold with that
size wheels in close to 20 years. *700C is the norm for touring bikes. *
A 17" (43 cm) bike is pretty small and you might actually do better with
one designed for 26" wheels. *The frame geometry compromises are
considerable with small bikes and 700C wheels. *

You might consider:

http://www.rivbike.com/products/list...product=50-038

These bikes are well-liked by everyone I've talked to that owns one. *
It's usually their favorite bike.

I, and I think most of us here, assumed that by "27" she meant "full
size" or 700C.
Since she just left here on a new Bianchi Volpe with Michelin 700-28 it
seems to have worked out OK.
Both sizes are valid but widespread availability of replacement rubber
for her particular planned excursion will be much less trouble with 700C.
--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/

Good for you Andy, once more, a reason to participate in these goofy
NGs...