Old May 21st 20, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default How flat are The Netherlands?

Maybe as a welcome distraction from the political and Covid-19 related mudslinging. We closed our Vancouver BC branch a year ago. Some colleagues moved over here and one of them is a close colleague now. I asked him what he found was special about The Netherlands. The first thing he mentioned: 'it is so incredibly flat'. Hmm... i didn't knew that ;-) and I paid attention during my 114 km ride yesterday in which I managed a total elevation gain of a whopping 124 m (Strava corrected value). I took a random picture along the route:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1ssWbEvubmNiMxXf8

Yeah it is really flat I must admit.

have a nice day

Lou