Old October 26th 04, 03:25 AM
Chalo

(Dennis P. Harris) wrote:

wrote:

What bike(s) would you recommend for a 500lb rider, who's about 6'2 in
height?

If this isn't a troll, I'd recommend stomach stapling surgery, so
he gets his weight down to what bikes can accomodate. No normal
bike is made to accomodate someone so obese.

That's some ugly sizeist crap there, homie.

Did you know that gastric bypass surgery kills 1% to 2% of its victims
within 30 days after surgery? That's a lot more deaths a lot faster
than any degree of obesity would kill them. Furthermore, someone
who's had this operation can never resume an ordinary lifestyle again,
no matter how much weight he sheds.

No "normal" bike is made to accomodate someone 7 feet tall either.
Would you advise such a person to have his legs sawed off short?

I can see how a 500 pound person interested in recovering his fitness
might undertake cycling as a form of exercise that would be gentler to
his skeleton than than trampling around, and more effective for weight
loss than swimming.

I have seen bicycles made for up to four riders. Even people with
small bodies and smaller minds are apt to weigh more than 500 lbs per
set of 4. Perhaps the three stokers should have their arms removed to
help get their weight down to what a normal bike can accomodate?

Chalo Colina

"one size does not fit all, regardless of what you may have heard"