Old October 26th 04, 03:28 AM
David L. Johnson

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:58:34 +0000, neil0502 wrote:

IIRC, the man in question has already snapped a couple of pairs of cranks.
How is that possible? Wouldn't LA -- or any other top TdF rider put
dramatically more force on the cranks than this gentleman likely could?

Why would you believe that? This guy, just standing on one pedal, is
putting a full 500lbs of force on that one crank arm. No one exerts that
much force from a 165lb body riding a bike.

Is it safe to assume that--if this /is/ true--that we must be talking
about some really poor, totally low-end cranks?? IOW: how much force
can your average Ultegra/105/DA crankset take before it gives. I was
assuming it was about 10x anything I'd ever give.....

I would imagine any road crank would snap right off if this guy tried at
all to make that happen.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Enron's slogan: Respect, Communication, Integrity, and
_`\(,_ | Excellence.