Old October 26th 04, 06:51 AM
neil0502

Badger_South wrote:
On 25 Oct 2004 12:07:05 -0700, wrote:

Just curious. I was thinking about this OP as I was pedaling along
on a night ride last night.

500 pounds is certainly a large individual. I'm giving the benefit
of the doubt that the OP was genuine and serious.

I am genuine and serious. This person is a very good friend of mine,
and he loves cycling. He used to ride an Electra Rally Sport. Apart
from a bent crank (yes, the cranks again), it held up well -- it
even survived a nasty crash -- but it's a single speed and the rear
brake has almost 0 stopping power.

Despite his weight, he can ride for long periods, and he was riding
almost every day. I've been on ~20 mile rides with him. Since
riding, he lost 10 - 12 lbs and he's trying to adopt a healthier
lifestyle. But cycling is still his love, so naturally it's his
choice of exercise.

I sorry about any caualness in your reception on this. This is a very
supportive group. Some times there's a lot of wise-cracking and
banter.

Lot of clydesdales riding here. Ahem.

Badger,

Since the above--despite lack of attribution--is quoting me, I wanted to be
clear: I was not trying to be insulting in any way, shape, or form. My
comments were sincere. I just know how often trolls lurk and wasn't
interested in participating in sadistic dialogue at the expense of any sort
of person.

If your apology was made on my behalf, then I failed to make myself clear
and offer an apology to xmp333.

I applaud the efforts of any person engaged in healthy activities,
especially when the potential benefits are as profound as they could be in
the case of the OP's friend.

Neil